Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

New PDays (from 10/21/12)


Well as some of you already know, our P days have been switched to Mondays. I think this is just to get on track with the rest of the world. Actually to be honest, I dont even know why we had Thursday P days to begin with...
 
Dad told me that Obama and Romney are tied in the polls. Actually a few weeks ago in sacrament meeting, I felt more like I was at a big rally for Romney than anything. The members were getting up bearing their testimony on him, and many asked the ward to fast and pray for him. It is so funny how even on the other side of the world, everyone is aware of American politics.
I thought it was kind of funny though, and also thought that in Utah they most likely arent bearing their testimonies on him. But another missionary from Tennessee said that his mom emailed him and has been fasting for Mitt Romney too. haha I thought that was pretty funny. It will be very interesting to see how things turn out for him. I think I remember hearing a few months ago that he was just getting hammered and wasnt really seen as having a big chance of winning, but it sounds like he has really made a comeback.
 
So I really dont have much to talk about. I guess maybe it is because I just emailed you last Thursday haha.
 
Yesterday we had a really good day at church. We had a lot of investigators and have a lot of good baptismal dates right now. Hopefully I dont just move really soon as so often happens once I feel like my area is doing really well. But we will see...
 
There is a less active girl who was baptized a year ago who I am really happy about. We have been working with her for a while now and finally she is pretty actively coming to church. Her family and friends all are very against the church, and so this has hurt her testimony a lot. But earlier this week she told me that honestly her biggest problem is just that she has no friends in the church at all. And it is hard to keep going to church when nobody in her life supports her. I realized how hard of a problem that could be for a girl who was just baptized a yaer ago, and told her that the best thing she could do is pray and try to continue through the trial, because there was no easy answer to this. Well on Sunday she showed up with a former investigator from a really long time ago (at least more than a year). They apparently are really good friends.
I sat down with them to teach the investigator and figure out her situation since I had never met her before. She said that she has been having really strong feelings she needed to come back to church and so she called the less active girl and they came together. It was probably one of the best short lessons I ahve had. I reviewed some very basic things, then just had a feeling to ask her about baptism. I just randomly in the middle of talking about the holy ghost, asked her about it, and she right away said, "Actually I dont know much about it, but lately I have been thinking about that a lot too and I dont know why." It was perfect because then the less active girl got excited and set a baptismal date without me even having to say anything.
Afterwards, I talked to the Young Womens President (even though they are just barely odl enough to not be young women) and she was super excited. She has been trying to help the less active girl for so long and actually the story is in the Liahona and Ensign about how one day the girl was the only one at church and so they set a goal to read the whole Book of Mormon together and stuff.
Well anyways, this isnt like the first time that I have had a good referral, or been able to brign back a less active, but what makes this story stand out to me is just that days before yesterday, the less active girl started praying that she could have someone at church to be her friend and support her. Days later, this former investigator that happened to be really good friends wtih her just showed up. It is just one of many small, little miracles that happen every day to ordinary people.
 
Thats about all I can think of to write this week, but next week I will probably be on at about the same time.
 
I love you all!!
 
Love, Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment