Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Foggy & Cooling Down (from 10/28/12)


Well it is officially not summer here anymore. That is for sure. Actually today is really foggy and a little rainy. Not too cold yet, but cool.
I am 100 percent better from being sick, so that has been nice. And we have been able to go finding and stuff more. But for some reason finding has been quite difficult for us as well as the other companionship this last week. Luckily we have a great investigator pool already that we have been able to work more with. December is going to be a great week for whatever missionaries are here at that time. We have quite a few baptisms lined up. Some of them will probably be moved forward though because they will be ready sooner.
 
This week is the last week of this transfer. I dont have any idea what will happen. I may leave, my companion may leave, or we might both stay. But I really dont care what happens to be honest. I could be fine with anything. I would like to stay, but who knows. I think that when a missionary first gets in the field, those first few transfers are the ones they change the most. They of course should continually improve and strive to be better, but those first few transfers can change them so much.
 
One thing I am kinda bummed about is tomorrow one of our favorite investigators is moving to Australia. He is a really good guy that we met our first week here and hast brought three of his friends to church with them. Almost every week all four of them come together. On the street he didnt look too promising. He had some earrings in his ears and tattoos down his arms and was smoking when we found him. But he has really turned out to be pretty good.
It is just proof to me again that 1. we cant judge other people by how they look and 2. anyone can change because the atonement allows us to.
 
Well I guess that this week I dont have too much to talk about, but next week I could possibly have a lot to talk about, or nothing really at all. So we will have to see what happens.
 
Lately I have been reading Jesus the Christ a lot. I am somewhere in the middle of it and the more I read it, the more I wish I would have read it earlier on in my mission. It changes so much about how I understand and think about him and the Atonement.
 
Well I love you all!! Have a good week!
 
Love, Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment