Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Appendicitis? (from 9/20/12)

Not too much has happened this week. Today is officially the start of the new transfer and we finally moved apartments to a new apartment in our area. This is good, but at the same time it will be expensive because we have to buy a lot of stuff together since it is a brand new apartment. Which will be interesting because I had to spend some money last Saturday on... Appendicitis!!
Yeah, I woke up Thursday night throwing up and my side hurt super bad. Actually there were two pains, one of them I knew for sure was my kidney, the other was unfamiliar. But I thought it was just from my kidney so I tried to ignore it. Well after taking some ibuprofen and finally falling asleep, I woke up with a less-intense pain in my "lower right quadrant" as the doctor puts it. Throughout Friday as well as Saturday it kept hurting on and off and I was not sure what it was. Finally someone told me I should call the doctor so I did, and he told me to go to the hospital. I had some blood tests and stuff and the doctor there just said it was all from kidney stones (he seemed super rushed and I could barely get a word in because he was the only doctor on duty in the emergency room). Well anyways, it kept hurting after that so Monday I went in to see the mission doctor and he did some things then said that he is positive it is appendicitis. He talked to me about it and said that it would be difficult to have my appendix removed in Hong Kong because there are not very many doctors that would be willing to do that for a foreigner because of legal complexities.
Anyways, because my appendix is not yet about to explode, he gave me some antibiotics and told me to take those to try and if nothing else, put off having to get my appendix taken out until after I come home. So hopefully that works.
He also said that because of my appendix and kidneys and celiac, he wants me to call him every week until I go home just to update him on what is going on with all of it.
So hopefully my appendix doesnt explode. Of course if it gets worse, I will just have to have it taken out here.
Needless to say I have been taking a lot of ibuprofen and tylenol lately with all of these random problems. But everything is doing okay.
It was pretty cool though because when I was at the hospital for like 4 hours, President Hawks came and just sat with me the whole time. So we talked a lot about after the mission, before the mission, and what is going on right now with the mission. He is a really good guy and a very efficient problem-solver. He has already done so much for the mission, and things just continue to improve and go up. I have said this before, but I am just so grateful that I was able to spend have my misison with President Chan, and the other half with President Hawks. I have learned so much from both of them.
It will be interesting to see what happens in 6 weeks from now. I will officially be done training but I dont know if I will stay, if my trainee will stay, or if we will both stay. If I leave I have no idea where I would go.
But for now, Chai Wan is doing so well! the bishopric asked me to give a 15 minute talk in sacrament meeting this last week, and it went really well. The entire meeting was based around missionary work, and so now the members are even more pumped up, and if they are not, there are more things planned to help us out in the next little while.
That's about it for this week. But I love you all!!
Love, jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment