Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Heloooo!

I really wish I had my camera cord with me right now because this week some really cool things happened and we got some good pictures.
 
First, my companion came across an address another missionary gave him a long time ago for a man in our area. He lives in Saam Muhn Jai which is a little tiny fishing village. The path through the village is right in the middle of everyones' houses because everyones' houses are two parts. the part closest to the water is connected to a little personal pier thing that goes out into the water. There are a lot of boats and stuff, and some people live on them.
Well we went to this guys house and knocked on his door. He is probably in his 50s and lives alone in this village. He has been having really bad back problems and has been in the hospital a lot lately. But whenever he is home and not in the hospital, we have visited him and taught him. He is super humble and just so receptive to everything. I am really excited to see him progress.
This has been good, but it has taken a lot of our time away because we have to take a little mini bus to the village which is pretty far away.
 
Now at this point in my mission I think I have recognized what I need to try and focus on and try to learn most. Time management. With two large areas and a lot of work to do, we have been really busy, but have not been able to do as much as I have wanted. But I have started to try planning more effectively and talking to people no matter where we are or what we are doing.
 
Today was a lot of fun. We woke up early and went to a place to rent bikes. We rode all morning up to the mountains and then hiked to a waterfall called Brides Pool. It is super cool and was really fun. But now I am exhausted.
 
Well I am sorry that I dont have very much time. We are at a place to email where we dont get as much time.
 
But thanks for all of your prayers!
I got your package with the chocolate cinnamon bears this week!! thanks a ton!!
 
Things are actually going really well here. We have been having a lot of success and I think that we are going to even be having more pretty soon.
 
Love you all!!
 
Love, Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment