Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Same Everything, But Changes Coming (11/4/12)


Well I am happy to let you all know that I will be staying in Chai Wan with my companion for a third transfer. I am pretty excited about this. It really has turned into a pretty good area, so I am happy about that.
 
President Hawks has been changing SO MUCH here lately. It is kind of fun and exciting though because we never know what is going to happen. Transfers have been completely unpredictable with a ton of the Zone Leaders and even an AP coming down to just normal areas with no leadership and random people going to fill their spots. It has been good of course though. None of the zone leaders or anyone really cares that much. So I think it is really good actually. Because it is forcing a lot of people to really step up and fulfill their potential. But of course all of the zone leaders and APs are definitely capable and are good missionaries.
 
Right now there are some companionships that have the new iPhones. Apparently they are testing them out and if they work well, every comapnionship in the mission is going to get an iPhone. I guess there is some App that they will use for missionary work somehow, along with whatsapp and other ways we can communicate with our investigators. Pretty interesting how technology is being used in the church, especially here in Hong Kong with they big touchscreen TV in front of our chapel, and stuff like that.
 
Also, mom let me know about the rumor of missionaries getting called to mainland china. I personally dont think it is true, but I guess that if it is, now would be the right time with all of the missionaries applying. Crazy!!
I bet they would move some missionaries from here up to South Mainland because the dialect is Cantonese. But who knows.
 
I keep hearing about the election now that it is pretty much here. It will be really interesting to see what happens with that. I hope that whatever happens, it will leave me with a good country to go back to next year haha. I am not that worried, but itd be cool if Romney wins!
 
Missionary work is on fire here. We have 8 baptismal dates right now, and hopefully more coming.
 
Well I guess that is about it for this week. Sorry this is probably really boring. Hopefully next week I will have more time to write something interesting. Love you guys!!
 
Love, Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment